Employee advocacy has become a buzzword in today’s digital world. It’s a big task for organizations to create content that goes viral. According to a recent survey, organizations with employee advocacy programs have seen increased brand visibility, improved brand recognition, and better brand loyalty. To boost social brand reach, many organizations start leveraging one of the most valuable marketing assets – Its EMPLOYEES. They are very powerful in building your employer brand. Hence marketers have to consider employee advocacy as a part of an overall marketing strategy.
Here are a few compelling reasons why Employee Advocacy is the next big thing & you should consider investing in it:-
- People only trust friends, family, and peers more than any other information source
Word of mouth marketing is a powerful marketing technique & has gained more momentum with the rise of social media in recent years. According to Nielsen study, “84% of consumers’ value recommendations from friends and family above all forms of advertising.
- Digital-Savvy Employees are your biggest marketing assets and trusted brand advocates
With the rise of social media, many organizations realize the importance of employees to spread a positive word of mouth recommendation across social media channels. From CEOs to the front office, organizations have started leveraging their personal social channels to carry out its brand content and marketing messages.
- Employees have a wider social reach than brand channels
The industry experts estimate the following statistics:
• Average Facebook user has 338 friends
• Average Twitter user has 208 followers
• The average LinkedIn user has 393 connections.
According to Social Media Today, “Content shared by employees receives 8X more engagement than content shared by brand channels.”
- Employees become your thought leaders
By empowering your employees with valuable content to share across their personal social media channels, you create an online identity for your engaged employees in a broader community. This, in turn, will position them as an ‘Industry Thought Leader’ and also continuously encourage them to build their personal brand online.
- The potential to influence consumer purchase decisions
Your employees fall in the ‘trusted’ category of individuals. Their fans and followers will be more receptive to your company’s blog posts that your employees share on their personal accounts. Over time, they will get familiar with your brand and feel encouraged to follow you on social media and or visit your website.
- The impact on your company sales
An increase in brand advocacy can contribute to a two-fold increase in revenue. A study says that socially engaged employees are more likely to drive lead generation. This strongly suggests the role of employees beyond their expected work responsibilities indirectly impacting your sales and profits.
- The possibilities to improve employee relations
Advocate employees, happy in their roles and believers in the company message and culture, are less likely to leave, reducing the need to hire replacements.
- Employee Advocates are more productive
According to the Workplace Research Foundation, highly engaged employees are 38 percent more likely to have above-average productivity, and increasing investment in employee engagement by a mere 10 percent can drive up profits by $2,400 per employee per year.
- Employee advocates are perfect referrers.
Referrals are one of the top sources of external hires and employee advocates are perfect referrers. According to Social Media today, a recruitment campaign driven entirely by advocacy can have an on-cost that’s close to zero.
- Special promotions, company news, even photos of the team having fun at an event or on a team building event or night out all help communicate your brand message in an approachable, non-threatening manner that is much more likely to engage today’s empowered customer.